We are now officially in 2018 and I couldn’t be more excited for this year! But today I thought I’d start off with my reflections on the past year and the goals for this coming year.
2017 was one hell of a year, I really loved looking back at this past year. I recently did a reflection on my insta stories of all the amazing memories I’ve had over the past year which was great fun and I loved looking through other people’s. It also got me thinking about how everyone’s lives are so different and something I wanted to highlight, which Liv Purvis mentioned in her stories which I totally agree with, is that everyone’s successes are different and everyone is on a different path. In 2017 I really felt the pressure to be as ‘successful’ as the other people around me and the people I follow, but looking back over the year has shown me that actually I have made a few accomplishments of my own and that I’m on my own path and as long as I am happy and sticking to what I love then there’s nothing more to it. I especially struggled on the blog with the comparison to many other bloggers hence why I took a little break through December, which really helped me know what I want to do and where I want this blog to go. So with that in mind, here’s my goals for 2018...
1. Work more on photography for the blog - specifically film photography
2. Do more yoga and work at my fitness routine
3. Buy a puppy
4. Try and pass 3 exams from my ACCA (accounting qualifications - my full time job is an in house accountant)
5. Save money towards a home of my own
6. Spend even more time with family and friends having great memories
7. Do something that gives back - could be in relation to the blog, watch this space
8. Explore more sustainable beauty and other areas of my life that I could make more sustainable and share on the blog
9. Do something exciting that I have never done before - not sure exactly yet but something like sky diving would be cool
10. Make room for more me time (which I say every year but I think is so important to remind myself to do it!)
I know the above is just whats in my head and not fully detailed but thats all I have so far of things that I would like to accomplish this year and now I've written it down here I know I can always come back to it if I am ever feeling like I've lost track of what I am meant to be doing. Do you guys have any New Year Resolutions/goals, if so let me know in the comments below.
P.S. These photos were taken on our recent trip to The Trout at Tadpole Bridge near Oxford, which is the cutest inn in the countryside and a great little escape if you ever need it!